Photo of the Day

Photo of the Day
Wishing you a peaceful weekend!

Monday, April 26, 2010

This simple tip keeps flies and wasps away from doors and windows!

I'm going to try this ---- great idea -- if it works...!
Jan

ZIP LOCK BAG - Good tip!


Some friends went to Sweety Pies on Sunday for breakfast and sat in
the patio section beside the house. We happened to
notice zip lock baggies pinned to a post and a wall. The bags
were half filled with water, each contained 4 pennies, and they were
zipped shut. Naturally we were curious! Ms. Sweety told
us that these baggies kept the flies away! So naturally we
were even more curious! We actually watched some flies come in
the open window, stand around on the window sill, and then fly out
again. And there were no flies in the eating area! This
morning I checked this out on Google. Below are comments on
this fly control idea. I'm now a
believer!



Ann Says:

I tried the ziplock bag and
pennies this weekend.. I have a horse trailer. The flies were
bad while I was camping. I put the baggie with pennies above the
door of the LQ. NOT ONE FLY came in the trailer. The horse trailer
part had many. Not sure why it works but it does!



Danielle Martin Says:

Fill a ziplock bag with water and 5 or 6 pennies and hang it in the
problem area. In my case it was a particular window in my home. It
had a slight passage way for insects. Every since I have done that,
it has kept flies and wasps away. Some say that wasps and flies
mistake the bag for some other insect nest and are
threatened.

Maggie Says:

I swear by the plastic bag of water trick. I have them on porch and
basement. We saw these in Northeast Mo. at an Amish
grocery store & have used them since. They say it works because
a fly sees a reflection & won't come
around.

DJ Says:

Regarding the science behind zip log bags of water? My research found that the
millions of molecules of water presents its own prism effect and
given that flies have a lot of eyes, to them it's like a zillion
disco balls reflecting light, colors and movement in a dizzying
manner. When you figure that flies are prey for many other bugs,
animals, birds, etc., they simply won't take the risk of being
around that much perceived action. I moved to a rural area and
thought these "hillbillies" were just yanking my city boy chain but
I tried it and it worked immediately! We went from hundreds of flies
to seeing the occasional one, but he didn't hang around
long.

No comments: