Photo of the Day

Photo of the Day
Wishing you a peaceful weekend!

Saturday, June 03, 2006


Stay Younger: Skip the Coffee
Thanks to Victoria
All of us know that stress ages us quickly. And for those of you that still think you need caffeine to keep going, in time, stress and caffeine contribute to adrenal exhaustion. When this happens, important hormones are depleted and you will end up highly fatigued.

Caffeine accelerates aging by impairing immunity, which occurs through the elevation of stress hormones, nutrition depletion, and depression of DHEA.

According to Stephen Chernisek, author of "Caffeine Blues," caffeine also does the following in the body:
1. Raises blood sugar levels and disrupts sugar-regulating effect of insulin
2. Raises fatty acid levels in the blood
3. Raises homocysteine levels, which greatly increases the diabetic's risk for cardiovascular disease
4. Causes vascular resistance (circulation is reduced)
5. And caffeine raises stress hormone levels which is a primary risk factor for diabetes

Get rid of caffeine if you are serious about preserving your youth and having long term health.

(Jan's note: I kept thinking just one cup of coffee a day wouldn't hurt... but then after about a year of being pain-free (which was FABULOUS, since I've recovered from Fibromyalgia) I started aching again and my teeth started acting up too! In fact, it seems my right rear top molar, just in front of where my wisdom tooth used to be, had such a HUGE gap in the gums it was always catching food particles, no matter how many times a day I brushed or flossed... so last Tuesday an emergency situation caused extreme pain and swelling... so I had the dang thing pulled! That poor dentist worked nearly 2 hours to get this mess pulled. As you can see by this photo, my body was (IS) extremely acidic, causing bone to start forming around the roots and back of this molar. No wonder there was a 10 mm gap in my gum line!

P.S. bone spurs on the spine and in shoulder joints and knees and hips are pretty sure to be caused by too much acidity in your body! GET ALKALINE! Drink more water!!! and most importantly - BREATHE better! Breathing is one of THE best ways to control your pH. That breathing controls your pH was something I learned within the past 3 months... blew my mind!!! And so CHEAP!!! Just learn to BREATHE better! Give me a call... I'll show you how!

Jan
The Wellth Coach

No comments: